|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT LINUS JORDAN|
Chief Master Sergeant Linus Jordan is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo. Air Force Space Command is responsible for organizing, equipping, training and maintaining mission-ready space and cyberspace forces and capabilities. The command oversees Air Force network operations; manages a global network of satellite command and control, communications, missile warning and space launch facilities; and is responsible for space system development and acquisition. Chief Jordan is responsible to the Commander for the professional development, military readiness, and mission effectiveness of the command's 12,000 enlisted Airmen assigned to 134 locations worldwide.
Chief Jordan entered the Air Force in July 1988. His assignments took him to bases, numbered air force and major command positions in Louisiana, Japan, Florida, Korea, Germany, Virginia, Texas, and Mississippi. He directed transportation support of humanitarian relief missions during Operation ENDURING FREEDOM and deployed to Southwest Asia in support of Operations DESERT THUNDER and IRAQI FREEDOM, including two combat tours executing theater convoys, refuel-on-the-move and forward aerial refueling point operations with the U.S. Army.
1992 Airman Leadership School, Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
1994 Air Force Academic Instructor School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1994 Airman Leadership School Instructor Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1994 Associate in Applied Science Degree in Instructor Technology and Military Science
1995 Occupational Instructor Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
1997 Tyndall Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, FLa.
2000 Associate in Applied Science Degree in Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force
2001 German-American Military Exchange Program, International Institute of Politics, Hamburg, Germany
2003 Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2005 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2005 Army Transportation Senior Leader Course, Fort Eustis, Va.
2005 Basic Combat Convoy Course, Camp Bullis, Texas
2007 Air Force Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, San Diego, Calif.
2007 Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg, Pa.
2008 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, National Defense University
2008 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2009 AFSO21 Executive Leader Seminar, University of Tennessee, Nashville, Tenn.
2009 Keystone Course, National Defense University, Ft Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2009 Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, TUI University, Cypress, Calif.
2010 COMAFFOR Senior Staff Course, USAF Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2011 Master Certificates, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.
1. Jul 1988 - Sept 1988, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Sept 1988 - Jan 1990, vehicle operator, 2nd Transportation Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. Jan 1990 - Aug 1993, Assistant Fleet Manager, 18th Transportation Squadron, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
4. Aug 1993 - Jan 1996, Professional Military Education Instructor, Kadena Airman Leadership School, Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan
5. Jan 1996 - May 1999, Vehicle Operations Supervisor, 16th Transportation Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
6. May 1999 - May 2000, 7th Air Force Fleet Manager, 607th Air Support Squadron, Osan AB Republic of Korea
7. May 2000 - Mar 2001, NCOIC, Vehicle Operations, 86th Transportation Squadron, Ramstein AB Germany
8. Mar 2001 - Apr 2002, Fleet Manager, 86th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. Apr 2002 - May 2003, Superintendent, Fleet Control and Analysis, 86th Vehicle Readiness Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. May 2003 - Apr 2005, Superintendent, Command Vehicle Operations, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Directorate of Maintenance and Logistics, Langley AFB, Va.
11. Apr 2005 - Jul 2006, Flight Chief, Vehicle Management, 1st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
12. Jul 2006 - Jul 2007, Superintendent, 37th Mission Support Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
13. Jul 2007 - Aug 2009, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 374th Airlift Wing, Yokota AB, Japan
14. Aug 2009 - Sept 2011, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Second Air Force, Keesler AFB, Miss.
15. Sep 2011 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with gold border
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with gold border
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with bronze star
1988 Basic Military Training School Honor Graduate
1992 John L. Levitow Award and Military Citizen Award, Airman Leadership School
1994 18th Wing Professional Military Education Instructor of the Year
1997 Distinguished Graduate and Commandant's Award, Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2001 National Distinguished Service Award, National Defense Transportation Association
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Air Force Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2005
(Current as of February 2012)